Stephen O’Neal enjoys the intellectual challenge of practicing law; he chose the profession from a desire to serve as a trusted advisor for friends and family. Practices oil and gas transactions and title examinations, Stephen joined the Harris, Finley & Bogle team in 2012. He represents operators and landowners in matters related to ownership rights, leasing, and other contracts.
Stephen is also active in several professional organizations related to both law and oil and gas: he’s a member of the Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, the Energy Law Section of the Tarrant County Bar, the Fort Worth Association of Professional Landmen, and the Fort Worth Wildcatters. He is on the board of directors for Cristo Rey Fort Worth High School at Our Mother of Mercy and serves on the TCU Young Chancellor’s Advisory Council. Originally from Dallas, Stephen now lives in Fort Worth with his wife, Skylar, and their two children.
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- Juris Doctor, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (cum laude)
- Bachelor of Science, Economics, Texas Christian University (summa cum laude)
- Member, Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Energy Law Section, Tarrant County Bar Association
- Member, Fort Worth Association of Professional Landmen
- Member, Fort Worth Wildcatters
- Board of Directors, Cristo Rey Fort Worth High School, Our Mother of Mercy
- Member, TCU Young Chancellor’s Advisory Council
- Former President, International Law Review Association
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa, Texas Christian University
- Member, Fort Worth Stock Show Syndicate