Megan Knell has more than 10 years of experience handling legal issues for both exploration and development companies and landowners. She advises companies in acquisitions and sales of leasehold interests, operating disputes, payment of revenues, ownership disputes, and resolution of title issues. For landowners, she handles negotiations of oil and gas leases, various types of easements, surface use agreements, and mineral and royalty sales.
Originally from Mansfield, Texas, Megan now lives in Fort Worth with her husband, Greg, and their two children. She has served communities in both Austin and Houston through her work with the Ronald McDonald House.
- Juris Doctor, Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications, Texas A&M University
- Member, Young Professionals in Energy
- Member, Women’s Energy Network
- Member, Energy Section, Tarrant County Bar
- Member, Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Section, State Bar of Texas
- Board-Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Named Rising Star, a Thompson Reuters service published in Texas Monthly (2019 & 2020)