Logan Dorsett joined Harris, Finley & Bogle in 2021. Before attending law school, he graduated from Texas Tech’s Energy Commerce program where he focused his studies on oil and gas law, lease negotiation, JOA construction, and title examination. Additionally, Logan gained valuable experience working as a landman—both in-house for an operator and as broker running title. Logan focuses his practice on oil and gas transactional matters.
Originally from Waxahachie, Texas, he now lives in Fort Worth with his fiancée, Lisa; goldendoodle, Stella; and chocolate lab, Kaizer.
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Juris Doctor, Texas Tech University School of Law (magna cum laude)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Energy Commerce, Texas Tech University (magna cum laude)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing, Texas Tech University (magna cum laude)
- Member, Fort Worth Chapter, Young Professionals in Energy
- Member, Tarrant County Bar Association
- Member, Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Fort Worth Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Articles Editor, Texas Tech Law Review, Volume 53
- Board Member, Dulin Brother Memorial Scholarship
- Member, Fort Worth Wildcatters
- Member, Rawls College of Business Recent Alumni Board
Presentations and Publications
- Logan S. Dorsett, Fixed vs. Floating Non-Participating Royalty Interests: Texas Courts Trending Toward Floating as Industry Players Look for Guidance, The Center for American and International Law (2019).