Kyle Weldon is an associate in the litigation section of Harris, Finley & Bogle. His practice focuses primarily on business and commercial disputes, with an emphasis on oil and gas litigation.
While attending the Texas A&M University School of Law, Kyle gained valuable experience working for a solo practitioner representing corporations and individuals in energy, environmental, and eminent domain matters across Texas. In addition, he served as a legal extern with XTO Energy Inc. Prior to attending law school, Kyle worked in the agricultural industry as a livestock nutritionist, and now frequently presents on legal issues impacting agriculture production.
Kyle lives in Fort Worth with his wife, Allison, and their son Graham. Outside of practicing law, Kyle enjoys fly fishing and helping out on his family’s cow-calf operation in Erath County.
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- Juris Doctor, Texas A&M University School of Law, (cum laude)
- Master of Science, Animal Science, Texas A&M University
- Bachelor of Science, Animal Science, Texas A&M University
Publications and Presentations
- Regulating What Can’t Be Measured: Reviewing the Current State of Animal Agriculture’s Air Emissions Regulations Post-Waterkeeper Alliance v. EPA, The Vermont Journal of Environmental Law, 2018.
- Flooding Events Post Hurricane Harvey: Potential Liability for Dam and Reservoir Operators and Recommendations Moving Forward, Texas A&M School of Law Program in Natural Resources, 2018. Co-authored as part of the Natural Resources Systems Capstone Seminar.
- Five Strands: A Landowner’s Guide to Fence Law in Texas, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, 2016. Co-authored with Tiffany D. Lashmet and James D. Bradbury.
- Legal Issues Facing Rural Landowners, Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association Ranching 101 Seminar, June 18, 2019 (Fort Worth, TX).
- Panelist, Ask an Ag Lawyer, with James Bradbury, James Decker, and Tiffany Lashmet, Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association Convention, Mar. 29, 2019 (Fort Worth, TX.
- Land, Water & Wealth: Legal Symposium for East Texas Agriculture, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, May 18, 2018 (Lufkin, TX).
- Panelist, Ask an Ag Lawyer, with James Bradbury, James Decker, and Tiffany Lashmet, Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association Convention, Mar. 23, 2018 (Fort Worth, TX).
- Fence Law in Texas and Landowner Liability, Palo Pinto Soil and Water Conservation District, Mar. 7, 2018 (Mineral Wells, TX).
- Fence Law in Texas and Landowner Liability, Texas Land Conservancy- Landowner Workshop, Sept. 29, 2017 (Fort Worth, TX).
- Board Member, Texas Aggie Bar Association (2016 – present)
- Member, The Association of Former Students of Texas A&M
- Member, Ross Volunteer Association
- Member, Tarrant County Bar Association
- Member, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society