Ken Adair is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He chose to specialize in real estate law because of his work as a carpenter and appreciation for watching new construction take shape. A member of the HFB team for more than 30 years, Ken represents multifamily and commercial developers, buyers, sellers, landowners, landlords, tenants, and other business owners and individuals in commercial real estate and banking transactions - from acquisition and leasing to development and construction. Ken has been recognized by multiple local publications as a top real estate attorney.
Ken has experience managing multistate transactions; has represented both lenders and borrowers in complex acquisition and interim construction loans; has negotiated oil and gas surface use, pipeline, and access agreements; and has helped clients acquire both fee and leasehold ranch lands and negotiate grazing and hunting leases.
Ken is an active member of several professional organizations and uses his expertise to serve his community through Housing Channel, an affordable housing not-for-profit corporation. He and his wife, Laura, have two children.
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- Juris Doctor, Texas Tech University School of Law (cum laude)
- Bachelor of Science, The University of Texas at Tyler
- Board-Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Director, Real Estate Council of Greater Fort Worth (2013-present)
- Director, Downtown Fort Worth, Inc. (2019-present)
- Named in The 400: Fort Worth’s Most Influential People by Fort Worth Inc. Magazine (2018)
- Texas Super Lawyer in Real Estate Law, a Thompson Reuters service published in Texas Monthly (2010-2018)
- Top Attorney in Real Estate Law by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine (2013-2018)
- Top Attorney in Real Estate Law by 360 West Magazine (2017-2018)
- Member, Society of Commercial REALTORS® (present)
- Member, Southwest Association of Bank Counsel (present)
- Director, Housing Channel (2016-present)
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation and Tarrant County Bar Foundation