Nathaniel James is an associate in the firm’s litigation section. He focuses on civil appeals and commercial litigation. Nathaniel’s experience includes oil and gas, professional liability, property, and other commercial disputes. He started with HFB following his graduation from law school and rejoined the firm in 2019 after a few seasons playing professional golf, including on the PGA’s Mackenzie Tour in Canada.
A native of Fort Worth, he returned to Texas following his undergraduate and legal studies at Washington and Lee University in Virginia. He lives in Fort Worth with his wife and three children.
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- US District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law (2011)
- BA, Politics, Washington and Lee University (2008)
- Senior Articles Editor, Washington and Lee University Law Review
- President, Christian Legal Society, Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Omicron Delta Kappa, Washington and Lee University
- Recipient of the Golf Coaches Association of America’s Byron Nelson Award (2008)