Ed Zellers joined the Harris Finley Bogle Weatherford office in July 2022, bringing with him almost 40 years of legal experience as a third-generation attorney practicing in Parker County. He began his legal career as a trust officer and trust counsel to a San Antonio bank’s trust department. He returned to Weatherford and established his law practice in 1983. His wife, Cathy, joined him in that practice in 1984 and they were law partners until July 2022 when they both joined the firm.
Ed was born and raised in Weatherford. He served as City Attorney for the City of Weatherford for over 35 years working with multiple mayors and city council members. He brings experience in municipal law to the Weatherford HFB office along with decades of real estate experience and assistance to families in their estate planning and probate matters.
Ed is an active member of his church and a devoted family man. He’s a die-hard Texas Longhorn fan and enjoys time at the deer lease as well as every opportunity for fishing.
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- Juris Doctor, St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Texas at Austin
- Estate planning and probate
- Real estate transactions (commercial and farm and ranch)
- Business entity formation
- Past member of the District 14 Grievance Committee, State Bar of Texas
- Member of the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section, State Bar of Texas
- Member of the Parker County Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association