Adam Simmons comes from a long line of attorneys but started his career as a Certified Public Accountant at a Big Four accounting firm for four years before attending law school. Adam still holds his CPA license with the State of Texas. Now he uses that experience to aid clients in financial matters and other commercial disputes, specializing in civil litigation, oil and gas, and business law.
Adam joined the Harris, Finley & Bogle team in 2013. Adam has been named as a Top Attorney by various Fort Worth magazines for several years. He is a member of several industry organizations, including the Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, and the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants. He also serves on the board of directors for Tarrant County Meals on Wheels. He will assume the role of Treasurer and Chair of the Finance Committee for Tarrant County Meals on Wheels during the upcoming year. Adam volunteers with Texas Lawyers for Texas Veterans at the veterans’ clinics and previously served on the TLTV board.
Originally from Mexia, Texas, Adam now lives in Fort Worth and enjoys both playing and watching all types of sports.
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- Juris Doctor, Baylor Law School (magna cum laude), 2013
- Editorial Board (Managing Executive Editor), Baylor Law Review
- Member, Order of the Barristers
- Research Assistant to Judge Ken Starr, former President of Baylor University
- Master in Professional Accounting, The University of Texas, 2006
- Bachelor of Business Administration, The University of Texas, 2006
Presentations and Publications
- Sovereign Immunity in Texas – You Breach, You [Don't] Pay?, 65 Baylor L. Rev. 402.
- Board of Directors, Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors / Treasurer / Chair of Finance Committee, Tarrant County Meals on Wheels
- Member, Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Top Attorney in Civil Litigation – Fort Worth, Texas – The City’s Magazine (2014-2018)
- Top Attorney in Commercial Litigation and Civil Law/Litigation, 360 West Magazine (2018)
- Member, Leadership Fort Worth's Leading Edge program (2016)
- Volunteer Attorney, Texas Lawyers for Texas Veterans
- Former Junior Board Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tarrant County